Saturday, 17 September 2016

Doctor Who: The Wheel in Space (1968) - A Gallery

We've been here before of course but that was before I was pointed in the direction of episode 6, one of the two surviving episodes of this second Doctor and the Cybermen, six part story from 1968.  And the reason to explore episode 6 in greater detail is that, as you will see, it reveals that the BBC actual used three Windak suits and not just two as originally blogged.  It is my belief that these were the same suits as featured the film; First Men in the Moon in 1964, and again in Doctor Who: The Tenth Planet, the first Doctor's last story and the Cyberman's first, in 1966.  I would make a fairly safe bet that between their appearance here in The  Wheel in Space and then guesting in Star Wars IV in 1977, they did feature in other sci-fi shows and films as well.  As of yet I've no idea what that might be but if anyone has caught a glimpse in an episode of Out of the Unknown or Doom Watch, etc, I would love to hear about it. Until then enjoy the images.







Thanks to Philip Ayres for telling me where to find these.  You are a star, sir.


Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment