Monday 29 December 2014

Warp Speed (1981)

A ship is found adrift in space with no trace of its crew, or any signs of life at all. A psychic is brought in to try to "join" her mind with the memories lingering in the craft so that she can find out what happened to the crew.


That suit is all kinds of interesting.  It appears to be one of the Mercury inspired suits that was first seen in Way... Way Out in 1966 and then pops up all over the place until this outing in 1981.  The helmet keeps going a bit longer.  Follow the: Way Out Spacesuit label to enjoy the journey.


Steve

5 comments:

  1. Apparently none of the NASA suits are in private hands, they remain property of NASA / The Smithsonian , unlike the Soviet suits which can be found on Ebay every once in a while. My guess is that it is a replica that was commissioned by the studio and went on to a rental company.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You see I knew that but I've forgotten even my own original "Way Way Out" post where I say these were made for that film and based on the mercury suits, all be it loosely. Old age.

      Of course I'm now going to correct this post which will make our comments some what redundant.

      Delete
    2. Yeah flown NASA stuff is rare, As far as I've seen only one Project Mercury suit has ever been released and it wasn't flown into space and it's white. I know NASA gave some of the flown mission patches to their respective astronauts but that's pretty much it
      .

      Delete
  2. Oh and I own this Dull, Dull "Movie" .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, 5 minutes on Youtube was enough for me

      Delete