Sunday 14 February 2016

The Martian (2015) The Other Spacesuits.

Finally watched the DVD of the film yesterday and.... mmm... 
 
Well the wife liked it, the eldest liked it and even the mother-in-law, who doesn't normally watch "space" films,  seemed to like it too.  I quite liked it but having read the book first I have to say that it seemed to be lacking something.  Perhaps its just the different media but the book seemed more intense, more dramatic and suspenseful.  The sense of isolation and impending doom was much greater read off the page.  Perhaps for once its a case of; telling being better than; showing!
 Which probably all boils down to the fact that I think, if you've not had the pleasure of either version yet, then I would definitely recommend the reading of the book first.

Oh and these are the other more traditional style of spacesuits seen through the film.
 
 
Steve

2 comments:

  1. What other books have you got on your recommended reading list?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well now there's a question. I don't read half a much as I used to but off the top of my head and in no order; Wasp Factory by Iain Banks, Drowned World by JG Ballard, Smoking in Bed Conversations with Bruce Robinson, This Town Will Never Let us Go by Lawrence Miles. Day of the Triffids by Wyndham, The Beach by Alex Garland.
    I spent about 15 years working in bookshops so that's a lot of free books consumed along the way... If I never read another one again, I'll still have read more than my fare share.

    What about yourself?

    ReplyDelete