Monday 20 July 2015

Fantastic 4 (2015)

I'm not sure about this, but then I wasn't sure about any of the other versions of the FF on celluloid either. In fact, I'm not sure how I feel about the concept as a comic.  As a kid I loved guest appearances of The Human Torch in Spider-man comics and I adored Marvel Two-in-One featuring The Thing, but the Fantastic Four as a family superhero team felt old fashioned even way back when I was in short trousers!  So I'm probably not going to bother to go and see it but I promise to watch it on TV when they stick it on in a couple of years.
In the mean time here are some very nice looking spacesuits (Dimensionsuits?) which do have it going on however I feel about the movie they are featured in.



I'm sure one of you out there will go and give it a look so be sure to come back here and let me know if I'm missing a treat or not.

And as an aside, while having nothing to do with spacemen, this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD_k5Y1cpsY is what I'm really looking forwarded to.


Steve

1 comment:

  1. I used to encounter the FF on and off as a nipper, there was always some intense interpersonal drama going on between the members, so it was kinda soapy. Ben might be threatening to Kill Johnny, likewise Johnny would be acting like an orifice. Sue would be tarting about, reminding us that we might be a reality with flammable teenagers and invisible girls but there's still nothing more unfathomable than that which goes on inside a woman's head. It's all pretty much toned down for the flicks, there's only so much you can do in a couple of hours, once you've done another version of the origin story, explained their powers, introduced the antagonist, there's not a lot of time for, 'Oh Reed, I just want to live a normal life, sigh!'.

    ReplyDelete