Tuesday 17 December 2019

Avenue 5 (2020)

Coming in 2020...
Avenue 5 is a space tourism comedy set 40 years in the future when the solar system is everyone’s oyster. Hugh Laurie will play Ryan Clark, captain of the titular space cruiser, a confident, controlled, and personable man who is about to be tested to his limits.
Comedy sci-fi makes me nervous because it very rarely works in my opinion, however this one has some strong creative names attached so we'll cross our fingers and hope for the best.  After all its HBO and their hit rate is pretty good.




Steve

1 comment:

  1. I like SF, I like comedy, and this looks like something I'll enjoy. I wish them luck.

    On another note, the first big budget SF film was a musical comedy; (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Just_Imagine) which did so badly it almost sank the studio.

    ReplyDelete