Saturday 10 February 2018

Doppelganger - Original Concept (1969)

I was having a little wander around the internet, looking for some pictures for another post and stumbled across this....
Found courtesy of The Prop Gallery website, this is the original concept art by Derek Meddings  for the Spacesuit first used in the 1969 film Doppelganger, AKA; Journey to the Far Side of the Sun.  The art has long since been sold but go visit the website for a good look around.
 
 
I think that this is rather a special find for Say; Hello Spaceman, as its this suit in conjunction with the Moon Zero Two suit that first got me interested in tracking those spacesuits that feature in multiple media. And to think, it all started here beneath the pencil and paints of Derek Meddings, a man that designed so much of my childhood.  What a hero
 
 
Steve

4 comments:

  1. Derek Meddings always astonished me !
    Seeing the Suit in original proposal, Meddings was 20 years ahead of his time.
    its predate the later space Shuttle Launch Entry Suit
    https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/f4/Launch_entry_suit.jpg/800px-Launch_entry_suit.jpg


    ReplyDelete
  2. I forgot this link
    there another production art on silver or withe version of space Suit
    http://www.thepropgallery.com/derek-meddings-spacesuit-concept-design-artwork

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it but thought I would leave the prop gallery with some uncopied content to reward those that visit their site. thanks though

      Delete