Saturday 5 March 2022

Man on the Moon - A Daily Mail Special (1969)

Took myself on a little day trip to London today and stumbled across this down Brick Lane for a bargain £5.  And, given that we are very nearly the same age as each other, its actually in amazing condition!

This is a souvenirs magazine to celebrate the, as was then, impending moon landing.  I've only read a fraction of it so far but its fascinating to read about it before it had actually happened and also of note is the fact that it very nearly all paintings and drawing inside because obviously at this point there were no  photographs of the event.

Its also a bit of a double win for me because I'm a big fan of Neil Ardley from his children's futurology book series, World of Tomorrow.  If I haven't yet blogged the Out into Space edition  then I'll correct that as soon as is possible because that also has some very nice art inside



Steve

3 comments:

  1. I used to have a copy of this, but it was lost in the passage of time: from going to university and sundry house moves since then. I remember pouring over it and the Sunday Times supplement too. I was pretty obsessed with rockets and space, still am, but with added robots, which is why I write SF now that I'm retired.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. do like it when i get some personal memories in the comments. glad you found the blog

      Delete
    2. I follow you blog, have it in my reader. I like comments on my blogs too, so I should try harder to leave more here.

      Delete