Thursday 9 July 2020

Adrian Chesterman - A gallery of book covers

 
I nearly bid on a copy of this the other day just because I liked the cover but then I heard the creak of my bookshelves and decided to hold back.  On the plus side it made me do a little investigation.
 

 
 
 
 
Well these are rather lovely, aren't they.  For obvious reasons I've selected the covers with spacesuits in them but if you go google image; Adrian Chesterman, you will find a lot of very beautiful icon book covers from the 70s and 80s. Enjoy, I know I did.


Steve

2 comments:

  1. I see Chesterman made some Homage
    to Peter Elson, Jim Burns and Peter Andrew Jones...

    Michel Van

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Almost a house style of the time I think although there is a slightly more warped and twisted, edge of madness, quality to Chesterman that I like

      Delete